[Amps] AL-82 VS Acom 1000

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Aug 16 13:55:19 EDT 2016

I had an ACOM 1010 for a while that I bought used to use for CQP county
expeditions. It was fine to use, but IMD was a bit higher than my Titan
425 and my KPA500, so I eventually sold it. I was also put off by the
fact that ACOM will not provide a schematic. Not a bad amp though, very
user friendly, easy to tune. The original owner sold it to buy a KPA500
to get 6M (the 1010 is 160-10, 500-600W).

The ACOM 1000 is essentially the same amp, same tube, but bigger power
supply so can run more power. It also covers 6M, which is a big plus if
you operate that band.

73, Jim K9YC