[Amps] FCC Denies Expert Linears' Request for Waiver of

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Wed Dec 28 23:28:40 EST 2016

Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 22:54:04 -0500
From: Steve Bookout <steve at nr4m.com>
To: amps at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] FCC Denies Expert Linears' Request for Waiver of
15 dB Rule

Wow!

Well said.

I am continually amazed at how many hams have ZERO desire to learn
anything about the hobby.

I have tried for years at the local club level, to be an 'Elmer', and be
available to share my knowledge and experiences with others.  With ONE
exception, no one cares.  Just give them their UHF/VHF and they're
happy.  Not much difference from CB radio.

73 de Steve, NR4M

###  144 mhz – 220 mhz -440 mhz, in this town IS CB imo...and there is no difference.
Actually there is.  The 11m  folks know how to solder a PL-259 plug onto some 213-U.
One of the hams here in town was a former 11m op. He had  151 countries confirmed on
11M freeband... that portion between top end of 11m band..and the bottom end of the 10m cw band.
27.405 to 28.000     I got a good laff from that as he pointed out to the 144 mhz ops at the local
club meeting, all the various countries he had collected  cards from.... on the local clubs ARRL
map of the world.   Thats exactly 149 more countries than any of vhf folks in the room.   That
was back in the 90s.
Work the world with a 2m hand held and IRLP....then send the guy an..... E-QSL...gimme
a break.

Jim  VE7RF