[Amps] SB-220 HV meter on zero

Vic Rosenthal k2vco.vic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 01:44:31 EDT 2016

Make a shorting stick -- a dry wood or fiberglass stick about 16" long with a hook at one end, and a wire from the hook going to a good-quality alligator clip. When you open the amplifier, connect the clip solidly to the chassis and touch various spots in the power supply and plate circuit with the hook, and then hook it to a hv point and leave it there while you work.
Use it religiously -- never open the amp without it no matter what. Just another level of security.

Vic 4X6GP