[Amps] 3 Phase XFMR

Mark - AA6DX eureka at suddenlink.net
Wed Nov 2 12:58:09 EDT 2016

Was the story on using a 3 Phase on single phase ... back in the 60s, a local 5000 watt AM daytimer had its xfmr burn out.  It was given to me, I was figuring I could get a lot of wire out of it
as it had the three separate windings.  Come to find out, only one winding was shorted.  After research and finding all kinds of ideas, I simply connected the two good windings in series and
fed them with a 230 VAC “extension cord” from our dryer feed...worky worky!  I put that big chunk of iron in the bottom of my 6’ rack for the  HB 4-1000 I was building.  Ran it for years, and was still
running  FB when I parted with the amp because move across the USA.  Don’t know where it abides now--HIHI.
73  Mark AA6DX  Eureka, CA