[Amps] For Sale: Homebrew 2 X 4-400 Amp Near Detroit

Jeffrey L. Bauman jeffbauman at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 13 14:46:44 EDT 2016

For sale: Beautifully constructed floor-standing amplifier on casters. Runs a pair of 4-400's. Weighs about 250 pounds I think, so it will take at least two men to move it from my garage ... it took 3 to load in the van.

Variable inductor and 2 chain-drive vacuum variables. Grid-driven with cut-off bias as configured.  Filament transformer floats.  Can be easily rewired for 3-500Z's.  Four meters and built-in variac for monitoring and control.

Photos here: https://www.flickr.com/gp/w8kzw/UQF44g

It is from an estate sale and I have not applied power to test.  No odor, burn marks, blown fuses, or anything else to indicate issues, but sold as-is.

I have about 7 amps already so I am not keeping this one (though I am tempted). Local pickup.

$635.00 or best offer. Might trade for mobile / desktop solid state HF rig or ???  Also have a Collins 32V-3 and 75S-1 / 32S-1 / 312B-4 for sale.

NO TEXTS. Call (248) 464- twentythree sixtythree or email my callsign at arrl.net.

Thank you.

Jeff
W8KZW