[Amps] SB220 QSK bias and RF relay mounting

John Lyles jtml at losalamos.com
Sat Sep 24 11:50:03 EDT 2016

Warren
If it works OK, then go with it as you have it. If the relays don't seem
to pull in quickly, might consider getting the relay coils out of the
immediate AC magnetic field of the chokes (60 Hz) and move it to the
other lower screw. It means adding a length of copper bus wire from the
output loading cap over to the contact, but that won't be long.

You can get wider aluminum angle stock at most good hardware stores so
you are not stuck with the existing piece for the two relays if you have
a set of sharp drills. I guess that relay hole is large diameter though...
73
John
K5PRO

On 9/24/16 8:35 AM, amps-request at contesting.com wrote:
 > Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 17:44:14 -0600
 > From: Warren Volz <warren at warrenvolz.com>
 > To: amps at contesting.com
 > Subject: Re: [Amps] SB220 QSK bias and RF relay mounting
 >
 > Louis Gary and John,
 >
 > Thanks for your words of wisdom. Your responses have helped put me on
the right track. Now if I can only get over drilling holes in the chassis?

 > Below is a link to a photo of where I think it fits but my next
question is if it?s too close to the filament choke:

 > https://magicchef.zapto.org/owncloud/index.php/s/7C6U5Hn5BTOo67O
 >
 > If it?s current location is ok it will only require drilling one
additional hole. Next task will be mounting the W7RY QSK board which I
believe I have a place for.