[Amps] Amplifier output power delivery ....

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Sep 26 20:26:33 EDT 2016

On Sun,9/25/2016 6:51 PM, Kevin wrote:
> 3CX800A triodes can't stand any mistuning mistakes.

I'd say that depends on how often and how badly you mistune them. I have
NOT had that problem with the 3CX800A7s in my three Ten Tec 425s, and
they get a LOT of action in contests. And the only protection in that
amp is a red light lit by excessive grid current and a meter that allows
you to watch grid current. In 12 years, I've lost one tube doing
something REAL dumb -- leaving the amp in Operate mode and walking away
for dinner. My paddle, just back from FD, had its contacts too close
together and it sent dashes for an hour. The other tube survived and is
still in use. :)

73, Jim K9YC