[Amps] New Amplifier

w8hw at comcast.net w8hw at comcast.net
Sun Apr 9 16:41:51 EDT 2017

Hello Cathy,

Greetings from sunny south Florida. Thank you for your email. The cost of
building this amp was only around $2k, it was a love of building. I am
thinking about tearing it down and building it a different way, but not sure
on that as it works too well to dissemble it for just playing.

I do have other amps such as the AL-1500 and the Kenwood TL-922. I have
rebuilt both of these amps by rebuilding the power supply, Replaced the
tubes on both amps about  a month a go and many other stuff, so both amps
are as good as new and work great. Why did I build the LDMOS amp, well that
was just for love of the sport as I love building and always have.
Additionally I am a DXer and operate all bands and all modes. Please feel
free to visit my QRZ page.

Again, thank you for your email. I always enjoy your comments.

73, Bruce, W8HW