[Amps] New Amplifier 2.4 KW LDMOS

w8hw at comcast.net w8hw at comcast.net
Sun Apr 9 18:10:08 EDT 2017

Hello Charlie,

Sure Charlie, glad to help. Bands are 6-160 Meters. I am including some
pictures for you. As you can see, I have not done the lettering yet. I went
with the 2.4 KW amp from the Russian guy and throttled it back to 1.5 KW
out.  People say that his Low pass filters are better than W6PQL's, I can't
speak for that as I have not had W6PQL low pass filters. Think of it this
way, you are building a kit WITHOUT both instructions and all of the parts.
This will be more "HOMEBREW" than you think. I am not totally happy with my
lay-out but it works well, but I now know how I would have liked to lay it
out. NOTE, I put the fans on shock absorbers to minimize the noise to a low
level while keeping the air flow high.

Now I am thinking about selling one of my amps as I don't need three (3)
amps. In addition the the LDMOS amp, I also have a Ameritron AL-1500 and a
Kenwood TL-922. Both have been rebuilt power supplies, solid state "Soft
Start" added, Operate 10-160 Meters and the AL-1500 also has new tube with
less than 10 hours on it.

Keep in touch and let me know how your project is going.

73, Bruce, W8HW