[Amps] Tubes, transistors, and 'abuse'

Bill Turner dezrat at outlook.com
Tue Apr 11 15:33:54 EDT 2017

On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 15:10:04 +0000, Manfred wrote:

>In the same line, when grabbing a MOSFET from a metal surface, grab it
>by its body, or the source or drain leads, but not by the gate lead.

REPLY:

A MOSFET should never be placed on a metal surface in the first place.
Either keep it in it's original anti-static bag or on an anti-static
mat. Nothing else.

Before I retired I was in charge of teaching static protection to new
employees at an avionics company and I was MIL-spec certified.

I am appalled at the amount of misinformation about static control
floating (pun intended) around. There is plenty of information
available. Use it!

73, Bill W6WRT