[Amps] Tubes, transistors, and 'abuse'

Jim W7RY jimw7ry at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 21:23:34 EDT 2017

It's fun to see you quarreling, once again, over the "are tubes or
transistors better" question! I thought this had been about settled,
back around 1960 so or...

>> When you handle them, do you have an anti-static mat and wear a
>> ground wrist strap?

And in this regard I must have missed something... Because I don't have
an anti-static mat, nor do I have a grounding wrist strap. At the job
some people used those straps, but I refused: Grounding one of my wrists
means that if I put my other hand into something that has enough
voltage, it's _me_ who needs to be replaced, rather than a MOSFET!

Anti static wrist straps and anti static mats have at least a 1 meg Ohm
resistor in series with them.

73
Jim W7RY