[Amps] Ham Tests, was Price per Watt Conversation

Carl km1h at jeremy.qozzy.com
Thu Apr 27 20:54:10 EDT 2017

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Bitterlich" <markbitterlich at embarqmail.com>
To: "Bill Turner" <dezrat at outlook.com>; "Amps group" <amps at contesting.com>
Cc: "Robert Melle" <bmelle at yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2017 7:46 PM
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ham Tests, was Price per Watt Conversation

> "I'm sure if the Titanic radio op had voice capability he would have
> used it first. Of course in the Titanic case it wouldn't have mattered
> since the only ship listening was too far away. "  Bill W6WRT
>
> The above is a typical "Bill W6WRT" response.  Biased, made to believe he
> is always correct, and belittling of the person who disagreed with him.
> Worse it does disservice to the hero's of the day who used Morse Code to
> save over half of the crew of this famous ship.
>
> Actually numerous ships and shore stations heard the Titanic.  Not just
> "the only ship listening" as W6WRT would have you believe, which is just
> so much misinformation.
>
> "Come at once. We have struck a berg. It's a CQD, old man," the Titanic
> called to another ship, the Carpathia.
> "We have struck an iceberg and sinking by the head," she told a German
> ship, the Frankfurt.
>
> "In response her sister ship, the Olympic called back: "Am lighting up all
> boilers as fast as we can."
>
> "there was "never a tremor" in the Morse tapped out by Jack Phillips."
>
> "I will never live to forget the work of Phillips during the last awful 15
> minutes," said Bride.
>
> "I suddenly felt a great reverence to see him standing there sticking to
> his work while everybody else was raging about."
>

> To repeat:  "Bill Turner" <dezrat at outlook.com> said:  "Relying on CW will
> get people killed."
>

> No, I don't think so Bill.  History has shown overwise.  But you can
> ignore history if you'd like.
>

> Mark Bitterlich
>
> WA3JPY

The famed WW2 Coast Watchers in the Pacific werent screaming into their
carbon mikes with the Japs often within pissing distance.

In modern times the Special Forces and CIA arent using voice when
communicating from raghead land where sound travels long distances, they use
silent keyboards.     Voice is used when the choppers and fighter/bombers
are already close to targets and the ragheads are being sent to Allah in
bloody pieces.

Voice is also used when the AC-131 is doing its thing, CW is too slow then.

Carl

---
http://www.avg.com