[Amps] NXP 65V LDMOS 1K80H-1800W

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Dec 25 13:41:53 EST 2017

On 12/25/2017 7:02 AM, kstover at ac0h.net wrote:
> Other than  that they've  ALL been SSPA's. The top of the
> line SPE and the KPA1500 include auto-tuners. The one in the Elecraft is
> exceptional.

How do you know that? As far as I know, Elecraft hasn't yet shipped
production quantity of this amp, and only a handful are outside the
factory. My neighbor, K6XX, an Elecraft production engineer, has been
field testing one for a while. Yes, Elecraft has been building fine
tuners for nearly 20 years, and the KAT500 tuner is quite good. I own
two, and was a beta tester.

73, Jim K9YC