[Amps] Alpha 77dx transformer

Steve Wright stevewrightnz at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 01:34:38 EST 2017

Greetings!

A friend has an Alpha 77dx with missing power transformer.  The transformer
had failed and was removed by the previous owner to be repaired, and was
otherwise misplaced.

So anyway, if a new larger core were to be located, custom wound, and put
into service - what were our opportunities for a small, er, upgrade over
standard?  It does appear that the standard 77dx Va was quite a lot lower
than the recommended maximum.  It also seemed that output circuitry was
quite broadband, and might accomodate a change in tube impedance.

I'd really like to make some sort of technical suggestions to him regarding
its' repair.

Many thanks,
Steve