[Amps] SS amps watercooling - was PowerGenius XL

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Tue Feb 21 20:11:08 EST 2017

Not sure what you are disagreeing with.  Distilled water presents a high
resistance when first used, BUT, distilled and de-ionized water is ion
hungry, or rephrased, quite corrosive. It will take the strength out of
brass fittings to the point where you caqn crumble them between your
finger.. IE, hose barbs. It is the metal ions that increase the
conductivity. Tap water (with no salt) is still conductive)

As the water ages, the dissolved metal ions lower the resistivity.
That's why we monitor the resistivity. Eventually the resistivity gets
low enough that the water needs to be replaced with, fresh, clean,
distilled water.

73, Roger (K8RI)