[Amps] Decline of homebrewing?

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Thu Jan 5 04:48:03 EST 2017

Good I idea Bill, as professional looking connections  with crimp
connectors and the glue coated heat shrink (commonly called Flooded) are
fast and easy with a properly adjusted prep tool. Physically prepared
that way is much stronger and more durable physically than the typical
assembly. Properly set up, a person should be able to do two every few
minutes

BTW cables and wiring used in aircraft MUST be crimped. No soldering is
allowed because of the high vibration environment.

I typically purchase 8X, BuryFlex(TM), and LMR400 by 500 and 1000 ft
rolls so I usually have a lot on hand. I have nearly a full roll of
standard 8x spare as I just purchased a full spool of 8XLL to use
instead.  Typically the 8X will handle the legal limit with low SWR, but
with more loss than the larger and much heavier coax cables.  8X also
has much less wind resistance.

8XLL also makes good and very flexible jumpers in the station so I think
a bunch of two and three ft jumpers would go fast.  Larger cables like
LMR400 and BuryFlex(TM)?  Typically those are cut to length, but you
could do that right there at the swap while they wait.  No cutting for
I'll be back later unless they pay money up front  for a length stated
in writing.  None of this, I'd like 145 feet with N-type connectors and
I'll pay when I pick it up. <:-)

73, Roger (K8RI)