[Amps] HARRIS PP-7913/URC POWER SUPPLY

Ron Youvan ka4inm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 16:48:22 EST 2017

   Jeff KD4LYH Pederson via Amps wrote:

>           I noticed that this power supply uses a choke in the B negative lead.
>  The B negative is grounded directly to the chassis. Most schematics for GG show
> the B negative lifted above ground a little for metering purposes. The panel meters
> I'm using are 0-1 amp full scale and 0-150ma full scale.
>  Can't I just bond the PS and RF deck together and strap the the meters to ground.

   I don't know this power supply, but generally the choke is part of
the power supply and needs to stay as it is and the point where it is
grounded can be lifted and connected through a big (10 Ampere) diode to
ground in the modern manor.
--
   Ron  KA4INM - Youvan's corollary:
                 Every action results in unwanted side effects.