[Amps] HARRIS PP-7913/URC POWER SUPPLY

Doug Ronald doug at dougronald.com
Thu Jan 5 17:42:24 EST 2017

I own two of these power supplies (which I'm trying to sell), and you could
lift the point E3, the junction of the negative of the filter capacitor with
the lower end of the choke, place your current sample resistor from E3 to
ground, then wire the current sample to either C or D on J1, which are
spares. If you wanted to float the entire negative high voltage supply, then
wire E3, and E2 in parallel over to J1 pins C, and D. I wouldn't float the
entire negative supply much above ground unless you mount L1, the 8 H
swinging choke on standoffs, as it's insulation won't support the full 3300
volts which is why it's in the negative side in the first place.

Note that E3 also has a ground to the negative of the 13.6 VDC supply, and
the line neutral. You would want to leave that at ground potential, just
isolate the high voltage supply.

-Doug
W6DSR