[Amps] FCC Denies Expert Linears' Request for Waiver of 15 dB Rule

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Fri Jan 6 03:11:19 EST 2017

Yaesu and Icom still make 160-440 rigs.  Yaesu had the 897D W 100W HF
and 50 MHz. I think it was 50W on 144 and 440 all modes.  I believe they
have replaced it with a new line.

Icom had the 700. A better rig for a few hundred more.

The rigs from both companies made great mobile rigs, but they were menu
driven with little room for panel controls.  I found the 897D to be more
intuitive.  I still have one out in the shop that I used mobile  and
storm chasing when both hands worked.  It hasn't been used in about 5 years.

Both still offer the same, or similar rigs.

73,  Roger (K8RI)