[Amps] 4 wire EBM Papst fan but without using PWM

Conrad PA5Y g0ruz at g0ruz.com
Sat Jan 7 10:28:25 EST 2017

I have a couple of EBM-PABST 3254J/2H3P fans which have a 4 wire
interface. I do not want to use PWM and while they run with just the
positive and negative DC voltage applied they tend to change speed in a
random way when I run my amplifier without the PWM and tacho wires
floating. How can I ensure that the fan runs properly without using PWM?
Can I just tie the PWM input high via a resistor and ignore the tacho
connection?

Regards

Conrad PA5Y

---