[Amps] Alpha 76 160 meter 2nd harmonic

Steve London n2icarrl at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 10:32:19 EST 2017

I was surprised to receive e-mail that the 2nd harmonic of my 1866.5
signal was QRMing a QSO on 3733. I know that 160 meters was added to the
Alpha 76 as an afterthought when the FCC raised the 160 meter power
limit just before the Alpha 76 was released. As a result of that design
decision, the loading control works "backwards" on 160. While the
schematic shows a Pi-L on 160, that is clearly not reality. Anyone care
to venture what the real-life equivalent circuit is on 160 ?

73,
Steve, N2IC