[Amps] Tube amps are not a thing of the past

donroden at hiwaay.net donroden at hiwaay.net
Mon Jun 5 14:00:16 EDT 2017

I have never liked the 30S-1 grid derived ALC.
The grid voltage is passed through ( essentially ) an audio transformer and
the tube has to draw grid current before the transformer's secondary
is rectified for an ALC voltage.

Sure, it's RF Frequency independent, but a cathode voltage sample with
an adjustable ALC control would be better to prevent grid current
BEFORE it happened.

Don W4DNR