[Amps] SS amps watercooling

Steve Wright stevewrightnz at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 15:45:15 EST 2017

On 06/03/17 09:30, Bill Turner <dezrat at outlook.com> wrote:
> If I recall a Weather 101 lecture right, rain always condenses around
> a microscopic dust particle before it falls. No dust = no rain.

That is more how an ice crystal forms, and explains how there can be
water vapor above the freezing level - until of course the large
vertical activity of some cloud sucks up dust, as they do, and you very
suddenly get large hailstones.  It's very amusing to watch a huge
towering Cb move over the pine forest when it's releasing large amounts
of pollen - man does that really go off!

Water vapor and other refrigerant gases will happily condense into
liquid without particles - or else your refrigerator wouldn't work.

I wouldn't be using untreated water for a coolant in anything at all.
At least dose it with some water soluble oil, alcohol, or glycol.  Even
pure ethanol would be better.