[Amps] SS amps watercooling

Catherine James catherine.james at att.net
Mon Mar 6 09:44:51 EST 2017

I would say the consensus is that air cooling is much simpler than liquid cooling, even if large, noisy fans are needed and the case has to be carefully designed to force flow in the right places.

It's not a coincidence that air-cool ham amplifiers are common, while liquid-cooled one are rare.

Long term, I hope we can follow Manfred's suggest to move toward Class E and other amplifier designs that are much more efficient and need less cooling.

73,
Cathy
N5WVR