[Amps] new amp race

Carl km1h at jeremy.qozzy.com
Sun May 21 17:47:01 EDT 2017

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Turner" <dezrat at outlook.com>
To: "Amps group" <amps at contesting.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2017 5:07 PM
Subject: Re: [Amps] new amp race

> ------------ ORIGINAL MESSAGE ------------(may be snipped)
>
> On Sun, 21 May 2017 11:07:57 -0500, Kevin wrote:
>
>>My 1969 Chevy El Camino SS with a 396 big block would make 375.
>
> REPLY:
>
> On a recent road trip, my 2017 Chevy Cruze with a 1.4 liter 4-cylinder
> turbo got 51.6 miles per gallon. Apples and oranges. I'll take apples.
> 73, Bill W6WRT

To each their own, I dont live in CA and can afford something a step above
an outright econobox.

Which is a 2016 Ford Focus SE with the 2.0 and no turbo which gets 30 mpg
combined since new. OTOH going uphill with 3 adults and luggage can be a
strain.

For a lot of good weather driving I use the 68 Impala SS 396 convertible Ive
had since 98. With a few changes it puts out an estimated 400-425 hp and
with the same load hills arent even felt and Im usually in the fast lane
anyway as I like to cruise at 75-80 unless the bird dog goes off. Gas
mileage at those speeds unless Im having to play with SUV's etc is right
around 20. When stock it was 16.

Carl

---
http://www.avg.com