[Amps] new amp race; switched to cars

Mark Bitterlich markbitterlich at embarqmail.com
Sun May 21 18:35:34 EDT 2017

 On Sun, 21 May 2017 11:07:57 -0500, Kevin wrote:

My 1969 Chevy El Camino SS with a 396 big block would make 375.

Bill Turner" <dezrat at outlook.com replied:

On a recent road trip, my 2017 Chevy Cruze with a 1.4 liter 4-cylinder
turbo got 51.6 miles per gallon. Apples and oranges. I'll take apples.

Mark Bitterlich markbitterlich at embarqmail.com replies as well:

My 68 Camaro has a 502 big block developing 610 HP on pump gas, normally
aspirated.  It gets about 15 mpg if you keep your foot out of it, and about
8 if you do not.  My 2005 Dodge Viper Truck has a V-10 running 505 HP and
gets 7 mpg in the city and 13 on the highway.

I'll take oranges any day of the week, which is why I joined the Amps Group.
But then, I really like power in any form.

Mark
wa3jpy