[Amps] Novice heater choke question

Merv Schweigert k9fd at flex.com
Wed May 24 13:32:02 EDT 2017

If you have an experimental license you can run 50KW if your license
grant is for that power,
Many of us have experimental license and have operated the low bands for
years,
Antenna is not limited either,  it all depends on the conditions of your
license grant.

Merv K9FD/KH6  WH2XCR (experimental)

> According to the ARRL web page:
>
> "Right now, you don't need a license to operate on 1750 meters, but
> there are severe legal restrictions on what you can put on the air
> there. For starters, you can't run more than 1 W input to the
> transmitter's final stage, and the entire length of the transmission
> line and antenna combined cannot exceed 15 meters "
>
> How does that jibe with using a very large amp?   ONE watt INPUT to
> the FINAL STAGE?
>
> Sorry ... just playing devil's advocate here.
>
> 73
> Don
> N8DE
>

> Quoting Chris Wilson <chris at chriswilson.tv>:
>

>> Hello Don,
>>
>> Absolutely  within the rules, antenna efficiency for anything a UK ham
>> is likely to erect for 136kHz is woefully inefficient. And I'm sick of
>> mollycoddling FET's :)
>>
>> On Wednesday, May 24, 2017,  you wrote:
>>
>>> As the FCC proposal for this band includes a restriction to 5 watts
>>> EIRP ... do you think an amp there is within the rules?
>>
>>> 73
>>> Don