[Amps] Alpha 9500 update and repair

Larry P. Greenberg wa9mag at ameritech.net
Tue Oct 17 20:31:48 EDT 2017

I am getting ready to send my early model 9500 in for update and repair.  I would like to get an idea of your experiences with Alpha factory service and also Brad’s service, K0HM.  Which is better, turnaround time, price and, in general how satisfied were you with the updates and repairs.  Feel free to answer privately but also feel free to answer publically as I am sure others would be interested.  I am getting the impression from the list that Alpha have made improvements recently.  My 9500 continuously hunts for resonance and the idling plate current is high.  Also, the serial port doesn’t work but the USB port works.

Larry, WA9MAG