[Amps] Big HV Supply

Carl km1h at jeremy.qozzy.com
Wed Aug 8 10:44:54 EDT 2018

The LK-550 runs three 3-500's and cooling would likely limit power as it is
a fan. Ive had them up to 2200W or so with 150W drive....nothing to brag
about tho!

Ive built several LK-800's for 6M EME that do a solid 5 out without
complaining and going to a good EBM fan.

On HF I dont know how well the bandswitch will hold up over time and the
fixec C used needs beefing up.

Another thing I dont know is tube life at that power but money isnt
important to some.

BTW what is a full output YC-156 going for these days? It came from Tom,
WD8??? ages ago. Also have a filament xfmr and one of those UK sockets all
set up for good air flow. I'll never get around to building another amp and
dont need QRO here.

Carl