[Amps] titan 425 dimming, drop in power, hv

mike george mikejxj1 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 6 05:12:03 EST 2018

thanks to all who responded to my post on 12-11-17 on this amp problem. i tried to follow every suggestion from all who responded till i got to the filter lytics. was not sure so went ahead and dropped too much $$ on a re-cap kit on ebay. sadly the problem remains. i thought at first i caught a slight smell when the problem occured but dismissed it as the wood stove fumes from next room. this time with new caps installed i ran it a little longer and tried to touch up the tuning. yup, the smell was stronger and i stuck my head under the table to see smoke. i could not kill power, remove the cover and look for the source in time to see it. after voltage safty check felt for hot part but found none. i dont think a rf deck problem is the cause, but not real sure how to proceed finding this. any further ideas will be greatly appreciated. 73 mike  Kilowatt Six
No High Voltage. how could i know a vanity call sign could come true.....