[Amps] titan 425 dimming, drop in power, hv

gudguyham at aol.com gudguyham at aol.com
Sat Jan 6 11:35:17 EST 2018

Where there is smoke there is fire.  You should be able to see where the “ hot spot” was.  The only thing I could think of is the step start resistor although that should be out of circuit in seconds after the amp turns on.  You should have a step start fuse and should be either 1.5 amp slo blow or a 4 amp fast blow.  Make sure you don’t have a big fuse there.  Unfortunately the Titan 425 amps are known for shorted transformers as they get older.  I’ve replaced three so far for customers.  Get into the power supply and get your nose to work.

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail