[Amps] Flex Power Genius XL 2KW amplifier

Paul Christensen w9ac at arrl.net
Tue Oct 9 13:02:39 EDT 2018

>"Jim's idea of ripping fast reed relay for input and Vacuum relay for output has some merit. Coming up with 26.5V will be an issue. The control system runs on 12V. Might be able to get it from the 50V supply"

Although 12V vacuum relays are available, W8ZR came up with an elegant solution that I hijacked for use in my S-QSK controller.   A 12V muRata DC-DC converter is bootstrapped to the 12V power supply to provide +24V, which is adequate for the 26V versions of the RJ1/HC1/GH1 vacuum relays.   The maximum input to the 12V converter is +13.5V.  A +13.5V supply voltage strapped to the +12V regulated converter should yield +25.5V.

https://www.mouser.com/ds/2/281/KDC_MEE3C.A01-202925.pdf

Paul, W9AC