[Amps] Alpha 87A problems

Herbert Schoenbohm herbert.schoenbohm at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 13:29:57 EDT 2018

Jerry,
Thanks for your reply on this problem I am having with my 87A. Yes, the
repairs attempted were by  AlphaRFSystems.  I have sent many emails to
service@ AlphaRFSystems.com but now Glenn is not responding at all.  I have
removed the tubes and even the HV output from the power supply proving the
problem is not in the tubes or RF caps etc. I have tested all the filter
caps and even the HV bridge seems fine.  I will reach out to Brad Focken
because I guess he is no longer with AlphaRFSystems.  Somebody has got to
know what fault 16 is all about.  Here is a list of things that
AlphaRFSystems did for $1500: (Nothing related to /fault 16 which was noted
as a problem when the unit was sent to them)

11 hours technician labor  $1120
10K pot   $23.00
The rest was all low voltage caps, zeners, diodes, 2 pin connectors,
ceramic fuses to replace the regular fuses in the unit, Non of this had
anything to do with fault 16 which was noted on the original repair
request.  and they charged me $100 for a double box and shipped the 87A in
a single box.  I had sent the unit to them in an adequate double box which
had been saved from the last trip to them. I don't deny that they spent
many hours looking for problems.  But it is apparant they dd not address
the Fault 16 problem and told me it never occurred at their facility. The
line voltage is 232 VAC. The unit has the AC taps on the highest voltage
selection.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Herb Schoenbom, KVfz