[Amps] Alpha 87A fault 33 when pressing TUNE DOWN

Dave rocketnj at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 14:12:04 EDT 2019

Thanks Larry. I’ll check into it. Also not sure if the Alpha 87A Yahoo group still exists.

Good news is fault 8 is fixed with PIN diode change (rx and tx). But now fault 33. My friend bought this at a hamfest where the seller claimed it was from an estate and it was “tested fine”. When I opened it up one TX pin diode had one side cut right at the diode. It tested bad. 2 receive pin diodes tested bad as well. Now -109 vdc is happy again.

Dave wo2x

73
Dave wo2x

Sent from my iPad