[Amps] Fwd: Re: Modern rig amplifier keying

Stan Gammons s_gammons at charter.net
Sun Jul 21 17:09:15 EDT 2019

Hi Bob,

Thanks. That was one of the last pieces to this conversion that I've
taken forever to finish. Still undecided on how I want to do the tuned
input circuits. The amp is actually an in between model. It's labeled a
Clipperton-L, but it's actually a Cliiperton QRO. It has the center
tapped filament and the tubes sockets and tuned inputs are on a PCB that
mounts vertically to the divider panel. I thought about just copying the
existing PCB portion that has the tuned inputs and re-using the existing
parts.  I also thought about building new tuned inputs with adjustable
coils. That would require a little more work though. Maybe I'll get this
project done before I become an SK.

Yeah, when I looked at the specs for the TS-590SG, it led me to believe
10 ma using the RL pin was all it would switch.  Thanks for sharing the
info on mechanical relay!

73

Stan
KM4HQE