[Amps] Failure of a pair of FU728F

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Tue Sep 24 01:05:09 EDT 2019

That was an expensive two weeks:-D
A normal Tetrode tune up for a manual tune amp (know the approximate
tune and load settings)before starting
start with just enough drive to be able to peak the output. Increase the
drive in small, but increasing steps. This avoids excessive grid
current. Screen current will soon go normal. Beyond this point peak the
screen (G2) which is a more sensitive indicator than Anode current. IOW,
tune it just like a triode until the screen current is in the proper
direction. Tuned like that there should be no worry abt excessive grid
current.

With the amp being auto tune the tune and load should be a non issue.

73, Roger (K8RI)

--
Roger (K8RI)