[Amps] Failure of a pair of FU728F

dj7ww at t-online.de dj7ww at t-online.de
Mon Sep 23 09:49:17 EDT 2019

Yes, anode tuning must be for maximum screen current with the anode
capacitor and loading capacitance for maximum output power and screen
current limit.

OM Power is mixing it up in their "how to tune" video with grid current
which is not indicated anyway.

Last year I repaired at two weeks old OM4000A amplifier.
Both tubes had failed.
The only problem I could find was too high heater voltage.
The transformer was wired for the wrong voltage, not for the voltage of the
owner.
Since rewiring and swapping the tubes the amps runs flawless.

73
Peter