[Amps] Amp Supply Amps

Tom Hellem tom.hellem at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 15:36:22 EST 2020

Recently inherited a LK 800C and a LK 500 NT from the estate of an SK.
I know nothing about this particular brand of amp.
Any input from members of the group would be appreciated.

Are they worth keeping around? Are there known issues with either of these?
The grid current meter seems not to work on the LK800, and it seems to
require full mesh on the loading and plate tuning capacitors on the low
bands, feeling like there may not be enough capacity to really realize the
output that the amp is capable of.

The LK500 is a no-tune amp because it has a separate output network for
each band, adjusted by the factory I presume. Does anyone know if the
output networks need to be tweaked for full output after a number of years
of use?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestions.

Tom
K0SN