[Amps] Old SB1000 built by me in 1988

Ken Florence amps at n3kf.org
Tue Dec 15 17:57:57 EST 2020

Hi Victor,
Thanks for the thoughts. It's done the arcing before sometimes, the band
switch looks ok. Mine does not have the corona brass washer, but I thought
that went into the 160 meter circuit off the band switch. I'll have to
check. It's probably a good idea anyway since Ameritron did it on the
AL80A. I'll have to give the capacitor plates a good luck.

Heath says in the manual you are OK up to 200 mils grid and 550 mils plate.
I usually see the grid at about 150 mils and the plate at 500 mils.

Certainly something was wrong in the parasitic suppressor, but all seems
fine now with the stock suppressor. Also works ok on 17 meters with the new
plate choke. About 600 watts, but to be expected without a tuned input and
specific output circuit.

It runs fine on 40 through 10. But figured I'd ought to figure what's going
on on 80 before stepping up to 160.

Thanks again.

N3KF