[Amps] Ten Tec Titan 425

doug ferguson thenewt at msn.com
Tue Dec 15 16:47:31 EST 2020

I have a Titan amp that has over time, presented an increasing SWR to my Elecraft K3S.  I have a SteppIR beam so it appears to
be an input network problem in the Amp.  I use the tuner in the K3 and all is good – full output from the Amp.  The SWR varies by
band with 40m being the worst at 3:1.  The tuned network in the Amp consists of a fixed disc capacitor and coil for each band.  These capacitors are pretty stable and very difficult to get to to unsolder and test – seems unlikely they would all be changing which points
to a different issue but I don’t see what would cause this.  Hoping someone has a suggestion on how I can solve this.
Thanks, Doug N7NM