[Amps] Ten Tec Titan 425

gudguyham at aol.com gudguyham at aol.com
Tue Dec 15 17:11:02 EST 2020

Input swr can fluctuate on grounded grid amps when the emission of one or more tubes goes down.  In your case I agree it’s unlikely that every band would show increased input swr at the same time because the mica caps all decided to change value all at once.  I suspect if the input swr was always good on most bands and suddenly they all changed it would be more like different problem like emission with the tube or tubes. It also could be a problem with the input path from the input so239 through to the cathode.  There is coax connections and an input relay in the series circuit.  If one band went haywire I’d suspect that a mica cap crapped out.  They do!!   Also be aware, that amp should  never be operated with a full 100 watts or more in the stand by or off mode at a 100% duty cycle.  If you opt to run digital modes at or near 100 watts in bypass, I suggest bypassing the amp altogether to do so.

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail