[Amps] How to Bypass TR circuitry in Alpha 86

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Feb 13 14:18:48 EST 2020

On 2/13/2020 10:40 AM, Jim Thomson wrote:
> ##  what  am  I  missing  here ?

Bandpass filters, ferrite chokes at antenna feedpoints, stubs on power
amp outputs to suppress even order harmonics. k9yc.com/7QP.pdf show a
setup we use three times a year for FD, 7QP, and CQP every year.

There are dozens of super-stations around the world built for
contesting, where legal limit stations simultaneously light up every
band that's open. And I'd guess that a third or more of SERIOUS
contesters are running SO2R. The biggest stations run (at least) two
radios on each band, one "running" (calling CQ) and the other in S&P
mode (tuning up and down the band for multiplers).

http://k9yc.com/Multi-Station.pdf provides an overview of all of the
mechanisms that can couple RF between stations.

73, Jim K9YC