[Amps] Dielectric grease for roller inductors?

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Thu Jan 2 12:11:15 EST 2020

Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 11:02:34 -0600
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo at gmail.com>
To: "Lou Everett, Sr." <loueverettsr at gmail.com>, "amps at contesting.com"
<amps at contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Dielectric grease for roller inductors?

<MG Chemicals Silver Conductive Grease.  Cat. No. 8463-7g  7 grams 1/4
<oz.  http://www.mgchemicals.com Toronto Canada 1-800 201 8822
<https://www.mgchemicals.com/products/greases-and-lubricants/conductive-greases/silver-conductive-grease-8463

<Comes in a syringe dispenser.  $22 on Amazon.  Getting enough to smear
<all over an inductor would cost more than the inductor.

<73

<Rob
<K5UJ

##  since  I  have  to  order  more...cool-amp  silver  plating  compound,   I  will  also order  some...conducto-lube  at  the  same time.
Its  way  cheaper  vs  buying  the  MG  chemicals  silver  conductive  grease.   2/4  ozs  will last a long  time. Indefinite shelf  life.

##  Conducto  lube is 75%  pure  silver  and 25% mineral  oil.   Its  made  for  sliding  contacts,  and  mine  are  all  sliding.

##  I  will  also  experiment  with  it  on  some  spare model  88  band switches  I  have in  the  shop.

## 1 oz  covers 480 square  inches.   Comes  in   1-2-4-8  oz  containers.

Jim  VE7RF