[Amps] Topband: PL259 type connectors for RG11

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Apr 8 17:43:20 EDT 2021

On 4/8/2021 2:18 PM, Jim Garland wrote:
> On a related topic, I’ve stopped using LMR400 and LMR400UF coax completely for HF work, using instead trusty, old-time RG-213, with its untinned copper braid.

I've used a LOT of Commscope 3227 and their PTFE plenum equivalent. It's
loss specs are the same as LMR400, solid #10 copper center, pretty dense
tinned copper braid over Al foil. Both solder quite well. The PTFE
plenum coax is smaller diameter, so I build it up with heat shrink
before mounting the 83-1SP connectors.

73, Jim K9YC