[Amps] Topband: PL259 type connectors for RG11

Paul Christensen w9ac at arrl.net
Thu Apr 8 20:42:17 EDT 2021

I'm curious if standard UHF crimp dies work on the DXE "Next Gen" connectors.  If not, what crimp tool/dies are folks using?

For the last several years, I've been using RF Industries' RFU-507-ST crimp connectors on RG-213 and RG-11 class cables.  After crimping the center pin on cables with a stranded inner, I'll flow a small amount of solder.  Whether the concern is valid or not, I don’t trust the cold-weld action of a crimped connection on a stranded inner conductor.

Paul, W9AC