[Amps] 572B/T160L tube class C

Carl km1h at jeremy.qozzy.com
Thu Aug 19 21:50:36 EDT 2021

That tube was designed for AM BCB service by Taylor but didnt catch on there
or for AM hams as the T-160L in the late 50's.

It was later bought by and designated  the 572/T-160L for Unitrd Electronics
alone.
They couldnt keep up with demand and sold production rights to Cetron who
had a much larger production facility.

UE then became the 572A and Cetron the 572B. The step top (shouldered) glass
was Cetron and the round top was UE.

At some point the T-160L was dropped for both.

You may also find a 572B with the round top and the Cetron name, those were
built by UE as the demand was even too much for Cetron alone at
times....such as the SB-200 and the Clipperton L.

I have examples of both (no Taylor T-160L) as well as other versions
including OEM named such as Dentron, Waters, plus Raytheon, GE, and several
others who did not build their own.  The top shape ID's the source.

I cant remember ever seeing an actual T-160L spect sheet or the tube.

Carl
Ham since 1955