[Amps] Triode Amps

gudguyham at aol.com gudguyham at aol.com
Thu Dec 2 17:44:57 EST 2021

The Palstar version of Commander was always   Don Kessler.  There was about one full run of the line sold and I don’t believe the second run ever went into production.  I have two of the Palstar 2500’s and I had an issue and got no satisfaction.  WE are pretty much alone and are going to have to fend for ourselves.  I haven’t checked the schematic but you can sure use a generic transformer for the filaments.  There are tons of 12.6v transformers out there that with a little to no tweaking of the primary voltage you can land 13.2volts on the three filaments total.  If you use a 12.6. 4 amp rated transformer on 1 tube, the filament voltage will be spot on.  For 3 tubes you’ll need a 12amp 12.6v transformer.  If it’s a tad higher you can tweak the input voltage with a high wattage chassis mount resistor.   The other option is to see if an old 2500e transformer is kicking around.  I assume you have throughly tested that transformer before you condemned it?

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS