[Amps] Triode Amps

David Gow 6146guy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 23:38:24 EST 2021

3-500z  Eimac Data Sheet  says Typical Operation 890 watts useful power
output CW or PEP with 3500 volts on the plate.  Maximum plate voltage 4000
volts.  Henry ran them at 4000 on the 3KA.  I had one with a pair and it
would  do 2000 watts out into a commercial big dummy load and loafed at
1500.  Henry pushed them hard but still within Eimac maximum specs. Copy of
Data sheet is yours on request.  The limiting factor on a 3-500z amp is the
power supply and cooling.  The Eimac data sheet specifies Eimac air sockets
and chimneys.  Not for RTTY, FT8 or AM but a neasy legal limit for SSB and
CW. .