[Amps] Triode Amps

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 3 19:23:28 EST 2021

I should have qualified my response: 1500 W is indeed possible out of a
pair of 3-500Zs, but the cooling must be letter perfect: air sockets,
proper chimneys and proper plenum pressure. I suppose you could get 2+
kW out of a pair of you ran them at a much higher B+ (well over the 4 kV
max defined by Eimac), higher I_p and at the grid dissipation limit,
i.e., and well out of their limits, but they won't last very long that
before they fail. If cooling is sufficient, I suspect you could run 1.5
kW output for RTTY and FT8 (essentially CCS), but there probably won't
be much head room.

Kim N5OP

--
Kim Elmore, Ph

Kim Elmore, Ph.D. (Adj. Assoc. Prof., OU School of Meteorology, CCM, PP
SEL/MEL/Glider, UAS, N5OP, 2nd Class Radiotelegraph, GROL)

/“I occasionally play works by contemporary composers and for two
reasons. First to discourage the composer from writing any more and
secondly to remind myself how much I appreciate Beethoven." – Jascha
Heifetz/