[Amps] Message: Water and Electricity

Bill Mader billamader at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 12:15:34 EST 2021

While they didn't use bathtubs, the HF shop across the parking lot from our
VHF/UHF "and more" shop, they did hose down and let air dry KWM-2
transceivers and accessories at Incirlik AB Turkey.  The gear came from
remote sites around Turkey without maintainers.  The users didn't care
about how dirty the gear got, only that it worked.

There was no electricity involved until after gear was thoroughly dry.
After that, they performed the required periodic maintenance inspections
(PMI's) to ensure it was ready for future deployment.

Message: 1